Why Azuregale Bay is My New Home - Why Azuregale Bay is My New Home Because fish, and ancient mana! Barracuda fish schools usually around 20g each, currently up to 60g each due to raid food ...
How Normal Players Like To Make Gold
Every once and a while a gold-making thread will pop up on /r/wow. When they do I love reading the comments to try and learn what normal (ie. non-gold-maker) players do to make gold.
When the thread "How do you like to make your gold?" popped up today I was anxious to see what commenters were saying.
Learning how different players think about gold-making is a good way to stay a well-rounded gold-maker. Read on past the jump for some quotes from the thread.
The comments below were taken around midnight on 4.27.13. I've added emphasis to try and highlight the specific tactics.
I also selected comments that included gold-making techniques that fall a bit outside what many of us would consider normal gold-making routines.
As a group I think gold-makers tend to be a bit insular and perhaps even a bit out-of-touch with how the majority of players are make their gold.
I also want to state that I'm not reposting the comments here to be denigrating to the commenters at all. I appreciate them sharing their techniques with us all.
The original reddit post included the following question:
"Whats your favourite method and roughly how much do you make a day?"
The OP Albetrois stated:
"I myself find myself making most my gold from herb farming, but when i want to do something fun AND useful i like to run old raids and instances for BoE gear and cloth. After a 3-4 hour fun of old raids i normally get about 2k from it. Not alot but it all helps."
"Aoe grinding mobs, it's not great money but i can do it casually while talking to friends on mumble. Plus every now and again you get a nice green or blue drop that you can sell for a bit."
"Grow herbs on my farm and sell them. Keep the Golden Lotus and buy green gems on the AH and transmute primal diamonds."
"I just throw everything I come across that isn't grey on the AH.
Seems to work rather well."
"Dailies and soloing old content, mostly. Also farming troggs in Deepholm sometimes."
"One day out of each week, I dedicate myself to do the following:
- Run a Heroic and one LFR section.
You'd be surprised how much of a good chunk of change you'd get from just doing this.~"
- Do as many dailies as possible.
"I currently am working on two 90s, one is my main, who runs the four ToT LFR, regular ToT with guild, all four world bosses, 4 old raids for mounts im still missing, the Isle of Thunder weeklies, and a few dailies (very few - like, 4ish). The other 90, he runs more LFR (lesser geared), does a few more dailies, and tries to do everything else the same including the older raids. Between the two of them, I make about 5-6k a week just playing the game."
While I highlighted the comments that showed ways to make gold that may not be considered "normal" to us as gold-makers there were a few comments that included regular gold-making techniques (mostly ore shuffling).
It should also be stated that this is just a handful of players who happen to be commenting on one particular /r/wow thread and not some all-inclusive study of how players make gold. Still, unfiltered commentary can be very useful.
I find it interesting that many of the commenters didn't even touch the auction house relying instead on dailies and or raids as a source of income.
If you'd like learn more I encourage you to read all the comments.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
We've heard plenty of circumstantial evidence of rampant "duping" (duplication) of items in recent months. We've heard ...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
In preparation for the launch of Legion I've been working on a project to build the character I'm planning to give my free level ...
Episode 100 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
We've created a tool for creating importable TradeSkillMaster (TSM) groups from almost any webpage that includes links to World of...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- Guest Spot On The Happy Hour Roundtable Podcast Ep...
- Cooldowns. Cooldowns. So Many Cooldowns.
- The Psychological Effects Of Gathering
- How Normal Players Like To Make Gold
- Transferring? How To Choose A New Server For Gold-...
- A Little Farming Never Hurt Anyone
- Selling Glyphs Scares The Hell Out Of Me
- Ultimate Gathering Addon Mega Mix
- Episode 060 - The Power Word: Gold Podcast
- I'm Definitely Cognizant Of Your Criticisms
- Item Hoarding [Link]
- Is That Really Worth 4000 Gold?
- Using TradeSkillMaster and WoWuction To Quickly Fi...
- Hunter vs Pandaria! #020 Kun-Lai Summit
- Gold-Making With Friends
- 77-80 Cata Item Market To Become 77-79 in 5.3
- Episode 059 - The Power Word: Gold Podcast
- Reporting/Stopping In-Game Calendar Spammers
- Proof vs. Evidence [Link]
- Pulling 14K From The Mailbox
- Blissfully Unaware [Link]
- Titan's Grip Polearm And Staff Transmog In 5.4?
- Calculate Approximate Black Market Auction House P...
- Proof Of Jeweled Onyx Panther Duping And Its Effec...
- The Case Of The Mysteriously Quite Crowd
- Making Gold With Blacksmithing: Hardened Obsidium ...
- Everything Is On The Table (Except The Cat)
- A Tiny Tiny Blacksmith In A Big Big World
- Down To The River. Down To The Silken Fields.
- Episode 058 - The Power Word: Gold Podcast
- Kitty Is Not Impressed With My Gold-Making
- Power Word: Gold To Be Made Into A Video Game
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor