Patch 5.2 has been out for a few days and so far my knowledge of the patch is still fairly limited. I have to confess that I didn't read up for this patch as I have for some others in recent memory.
I'm still not quite sure why I didn't take as much time as usual to try to extract all the "juicy bits" from the patch notes but here we are. What I wanted to talk about today was just some tidbits I've picked up about 5.2 in the last few days. Read on past the jump for more.
The Short List
Here are a few things I've personally observed and also had livestream viewers let me know about since Patch 5.2 was released.
- Ghost Iron Ore prices haven't jumped as much as people had hoped for.
- Ghost Iron Bar prices have gone up a bit sometimes more than twice the price of ore.
- Living Steel prices have remained roughly the same but I am selling more.
- Gems are goods sellers for many players. Some wished they had more.
- Tailors can learn a random PVP pattern by doing their daily Imperial Silk cooldown.
- UPDATE: People have reported that there are also random PVE patterns that can be learned via the daily Tailoring and Leatherworking cooldowns. (Thanks StupidGoldTweet and SocoWoW.)
- Shiftywarlock told me there are around 40 possible new PVP patterns Tailors can learn. This means there is a chance early on you may be the only one selling a particular PVP item.
- I was able to sell my first new cloth PVP item learned from the above cooldown (Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Treads of Cruelty) for 495g. I expect the market to get flooded but for now I have a bit of hope.
- Other professions have other ways to learn the new PVP patterns but I don't know the specifics.
- Grey999 gave us this link to the 5.2 professions changes in the patch notes.
- Not necessarily gold-making related but hunters can learn to tame the awesome Direhorn (Triceratops) pets found on the Isle of Giants.
How has your experience with Patch 5.2 been so far?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.