The Definition of Luck - I had a very short conversation with someone on Twitter. This person was referencing a post I had made. I sold a Glyph of Energy for almost 500g. This pa...
Leaving Space In Your Bags by Kyrum
Today's guest post was written by Kyrum. If you'd like the chance to see your own gold-making guest post appear on Power Word: Gold email the post text, title, images (attached) and your public name/pseudonym to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Submission" in the subject line.
If you are like me and farm dungeons you probably realized that even if you run into a dungeon with some fancy Netherweave Bags, or Embersilk bags, that it is inevitable that you are going to run out of bag space sooner or later, fly back or hearthstone back to a vendor to sell all your junk items, put stuff in your bank. So on and so forth.
So the story begins with me. At the time I was a lvl 88 protection pally needing to get some Netherweave.
I went on my dragon (everyone has one now don't they?) to go over to the old Burning Crusade dungeon called The Blood Furnace. If your newer to the game or just don't know where that is we got links. Read past the jump for more.
The Blood Furnace
I flew in and after 2 runs my bags became full. Because my hearthstone was all the way in the Shrine of Two Moons (the Horde city of Pandaria) I was starting to toss out my items. Then I realized that I had recently bought a portable vendor of sorts called the Guild Page!
I summoned him up and was able to vendor all my grey items! Finally I didn't have to lose that time to throw away useless items or fly home to vendor it since I got one right here. Now just to tell you in advanced after 5 or so minutes he mysteriously dies O.o and if you try to summon him he won't come back because, well, he's dead. So what you need to do is switch to another companion, then summon him.
After two more runs I started having to much Netherweave (ironic since I was farming it). Since I was going to use them to make bags I made them into Netherweave Bolts. Converting items to make more room is a great way to get more space in your inventory.
I didn't make them into Netherweave Bags since each individual bag would take up one space. As I did this I suddenly went oh snap because I just realized I could disenchant the items I get so I could finally continue leveling enchanting (which is usually a pain in the arse) or sell the regents. I started disenchanting BOPs and most of the greens I got.
After all that I ended it doing a total of 6 runs. I got enough Netherweave to make 21 Netherweave Bags selling for 69 gold a bag. One hour later 10 of those bags sold. I raised my enchanting level by 30 levels and emoted a happy face to a jealous brother.
So later on I thought of some other ways I (or others) could could save room.
1. Goblins get a portable bank, use it to store stuff that you intend to keep like mats or transmog gear.
2. If you are one of those people who are REALLY into gold making this is also a well known (more or less) trick that they use. If you made a guild just for the guild bank and you can use the portable guild bank than you have bank access as well, only on a larger cooldown.
3. This way only works if you have 2 accounts. The you can use your other account as a bank. This is also good if you are power leveling an alt on that other account
If you need to contact me please email email@example.com.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Remember when you started your gold-making adventure into Warlords of Draenor. You were young. You were fresh-faced. You were excited...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Episode 096 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- Don't Look At My Forehead! - Xmas Eve Gold-Making
- The Best Place To Farm Small Eggs
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 051
- What's Your Luckydo? Hunter vs Pandaria! #016 Kun-...
- Preliminary Caged Battle Pet Pricing Data
- Researching Cross-Realm Battle Pet Arbitrage
- Pet Spy Set Up - Dec 13, 2012 Livestream
- Leaving Space In Your Bags by Kyrum
- Auctionator Shopping List For Battle Pets
- Yak Wash! - Hunter vs Pandaria! Episode #015 Kun-L...
- Moar Kitty Cam! - 12.12.12 Livestream [Video]
- Faid In Two - 12.10.12 Livestream
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 050
- Buy Battle Pets On One Server, Sell On Another
- Pre-Paid Fail-times! - 12.7.12 Livesteam [Video]
- 12K Day, Oh My! - 12.6.12 Livestream [Video]
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 049
- WoW Gold-Making! 12.4.12 Livestream
- Hunter vs Pandaria! #014 Kun-Lai
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (19)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor