PGB Week 2 - Project Golden Bull (or PBG) began on May 5th, 2016. The main purpose of PBG is to force myself to learn how to make gold on a new server and without my ...
Buy Battle Pets On One Server, Sell On Another
Today's post is about Battle Pets and was originally left as a few comments on a previous post by reader Kaexo.
Kaexo was gracious enough to let me repost their comments in this blog post. Read on past the jump for some of Kaexo's insights and experience making gold buying and learning Battle Pets on one server and caging and selling them on another.
Kaexo's fist comment was:
"I like to buy battle pets at extremely cheap prices on my original server Illidan, then turn around and cage them on my recently transferred main on Cho'gall. I can pay 2-200g per battle pet on Illidan with the massive supply and sell them for 500, 1k, 5k, 10k and up to 25k gold on the regular. It works out pretty well actually, if you're patient."
I asked for more information and they delivered with the following:
"Crawling Claws are big sellers. Each toon can only acquire one so they cannot be farmed and very few people actually get far enough into archaeology to solve this Tol'vir rare project. I sold one for 25k in about twenty minutes and then I saw another player list his for 75k. Doh!Big thanks again to Kaexo for sharing. I'll certainly be looking into this market to see if it may work on the few servers I play on.
Some other good examples are holiday companions. However, once people start catching on, they get devalued (so try and be the first to do it). Obviously, the reasoning behind this: they only come around once a year... However, seasonal companions that are pretty much given out (Sinister Squashlings and the Christmas presents too).
You can usually get at least 1k (depending on your population, which mine is medium) for the Phoenix Hatchling which can be easily farmed in the Magister's Terrace. Another big seller I've had are Grinders. I somehow acquired four of them (lemme look up where they are from)... Ah yes! Karr the Darkener in Pandaria. He is one of the MoP "rare" mobs which all have their own respective rare drop (some vanity and some useful) with around a 10, 15 or 20% chance to drop. I've sold two Grinder's for 10k a pop. Also, unlike almost every other BoP rare Pandaria drop, you can loot as many of these as you like. I farmed the rares for a couple weeks because I wanted to collect every rare drop from every rare MoP mob. (1 away!)
--Oh I'm starting to ramble... I could probably go on all DAY about how much gold you can make from just farming the MoP rares alone IF you know how the spawns work, how to maximize your travel time, choice of which rares to farm AND having a toon that can easily deal with the rare's abilities (I'm a hunter...soo.. ya lol). (particularly if you are an enchanter!!)
Anyway, let me give you a few more off the top of my head so I can actually answer you question a bit more thoroughly while staying on topic. haha
In no particular order:
1. Phoenix Hatchling (Magisters' Terrace: 1 in 15 but it has great battle stats)
2. Crawling Claw, Pterrordax Hatchling, Voodoo Figurine, Fossilized Hatchling, Clockwork Gnome (Archaeology: 1 per toon)
3. Grinder (Rare MoP mob Karr the Darkener: 1 in 10)
4. Feline Familiar (Hallow's End: purchased with candy)
5. Sprite Darter Hatchling (World Drop: 1 in 8,000)
6. Darkmoon Pets (for lazy players)
7. Whelplings! (World Drop: 1 in 1,000 to 10,000)
9. Tiny Shale Spider (Rare/difficult to get to Deepholm mob Jadefang: 1 in 1)
10. Disgusting Oozeling (World Drop: 1 in 2,125)
11. Shimmering Wyrmling (The Silver Covenant - Exalted: costs 50 marks)
12. Mojo (Dungeon Drop: 1 in 50 with Hex Stick in Zul'Aman)
13. Nether Ray Fry (Sha'tari Skyguard - Exalted)
14. Chuck, Muckbreath, Snarly, Toothy (Quest: Crocolisks in the City: Bag of Fishing Treasures: 1 in 2)
15. Pengu (The Kalu'ak - Exalted)
16. Hyacinth Macaw (World Drop: 1 in 8,000)
17. Orphanage World Event pets (I dunno why)
18. NEW! Old Skool raids have new pets to collect! Great drop rates, but not a lot of people are willing to run these old raids just for a companion
I'm sure this is more than you bargained for, but I usually have around 80-100 pets listed on the AH every day which made this list pretty easy to come up with. I come home to 3-5 sold at an average of 5-15k from just pets.
Caution: Battle Pets cannot be seen or listed through the Remote Armory. Also, you cannot collect the gold or see which pets have sold using this tool. All you can do is login and see how much gold you have sitting in your mailbox. If you click Sold Auctions and one of them is a battle pet, it will crash.
-Hope I don't have too many grammar errors. I kinda just spit this out real fast. Gotta go raid!"
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- Don't Look At My Forehead! - Xmas Eve Gold-Making
- The Best Place To Farm Small Eggs
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 051
- What's Your Luckydo? Hunter vs Pandaria! #016 Kun-...
- Preliminary Caged Battle Pet Pricing Data
- Researching Cross-Realm Battle Pet Arbitrage
- Pet Spy Set Up - Dec 13, 2012 Livestream
- Leaving Space In Your Bags by Kyrum
- Auctionator Shopping List For Battle Pets
- Yak Wash! - Hunter vs Pandaria! Episode #015 Kun-L...
- Moar Kitty Cam! - 12.12.12 Livestream [Video]
- Faid In Two - 12.10.12 Livestream
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 050
- Buy Battle Pets On One Server, Sell On Another
- Pre-Paid Fail-times! - 12.7.12 Livesteam [Video]
- 12K Day, Oh My! - 12.6.12 Livestream [Video]
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 049
- WoW Gold-Making! 12.4.12 Livestream
- Hunter vs Pandaria! #014 Kun-Lai
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (19)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor