Updates - This month has turned out to be a bit more challenging than I expected. I am writing this from my wife’s computer. The hard drive on mine failed and now ...
Mists of Pandaria: Initial Gold-Making Impressions
It's hard to believe it's only been two days since the launch of Mists of Pandaria. Seems more like a week with all the playing I've been doing.
Read on past the jump for my initial gold-making impressions of Mists of Pandaria along with some thoughts on lore and what others have found as far as gold-making in MoP.
I thought I'd get this one out of the way first since I was so concerned over it before the launch. I've chosen to do lore-based questing as my initial push into Mists of Pandaria and I can say I haven't been disappointed.
- Quests are engaging.
- Voice-overs and in-game cut scenes are used well and are very effective.
- Each area feels cohesive and I feel like I'm in a whole new world.
- I love the Pandaren's philosophy on things: "Slow down."
I am having a great time questing in Mists or Pandaria and am striving to record my whole initial lore-based leveling experience in my "Hunter vs Pandaria!" series. You can often find the series on our livestream and it will soon be up on out YouTube channel. Watch for it. I'm having a blast.
My MoP Gold-Making
Because I decided to go with a lore-first methodology in Mists of Pandaria I haven't been pushing gold-making as much as others. This means I've likely missed out on some initial gold-making potential but with 1.5M sitting in the bank I'm not really hurting for the gold.
That's not to say that I haven't been planning and working on gold-making. Most specifically I've been keeping a close eye on the MoP 83-84 market.
- Buying cheap (under 55g for armor, 75g for weapons) iLevel 363+ MoP level 83-84 items.
- Storing the items now so as not to inflate the market this early.
- Plan to sell them in a fwe weeks when the initial 85-90 leveling rush dies down.
- There is a vendor, Singegruff, who lives in Dawn's Blossom which is within easy riding distance from both starting areas that sells full sets of iLevel 372 level 85 gear for cheap (50-70g).
- Due to Singegruff I am not planning on initially working in the level 85 MoP items market for now (maybe ever).
- Still working the 77-80 Cataclysm market although it is very slow right now which is expected.
- Slowly leveling Inscription and Alchemy. Hoping to get the Living Steel transmute on each Alchemist.
- I've been able to sell some dropped cooking food for decent prices.
Other's MoP Gold-Making
I've been getting lots of reports from the field from readers and livestream viewers. I'm listing a few here. (Note: These are other's efforts, not mine.)
- Mining and Herbalism farmed mats sold well early on but prices are continuing to drop.
- Engineering cogs have been reported being sold well by multiple sources.
- Getting Tiller's faction up is a great way to get daily Spirit of Harmony.
- Many early-learned glyphs from Scroll of Wisdom have been selling well but competition is heating up quickly.
- There are some items in the game which have level requirements of level 80-81 but have an item level of over 400+. These items are likely mislabeled and are likely to be changed but may appeal to twinks.
- The Jewelcrafting Shuffle appears to work well and doesn't have any "extra" gems (like Zephyrite in Cataclysm) in MoP.
- Disenchanting cheap MoP greens from the AH can grant higher-valued enchanting mats to flip.
Your MoP Gold-Making?
So what has your own Mists of Pandaria gold-making experience been like? Have you been making a killing? If so, how?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
Episode 098 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
We had a great first experience installing and exploring the TradeSkillMaster 3.0 Beta. Below are the two parts of the 2:45 stream. Much ...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- Level 83-84 Mists Items: Time To Stock Up
- Mists of Pandaria: Initial Gold-Making Impressions...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 044
- Gold-Making or Lore - Which To Do First in Mists?
- The 5 Most Enjoyable Ways We Made Gold In Cataclys...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 043
- Theramore's Fall Scenario (Horde) Gameplay Video
- Theramore's Fall Scenario (Alliance) Gameplay Vide...
- Theramore Scenario Requires i353 - Sell Vicious It...
- Power Word: Gold Livestream Roundup: Sep 3 - Sep 1...
- AOE Looting's Effect On The Cloth Markets
- Robes of Insight Now Being Duplicated?
- Power Word: Gold Livestream Roundup: Aug 26 - Sep ...
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor