It's hard to believe it's only been two days since the launch of Mists of Pandaria. Seems more like a week with all the playing I've been doing.
Read on past the jump for my initial gold-making impressions of Mists of Pandaria along with some thoughts on lore and what others have found as far as gold-making in MoP.
I thought I'd get this one out of the way first since I was so concerned over it before the launch. I've chosen to do lore-based questing as my initial push into Mists of Pandaria and I can say I haven't been disappointed.
- Quests are engaging.
- Voice-overs and in-game cut scenes are used well and are very effective.
- Each area feels cohesive and I feel like I'm in a whole new world.
- I love the Pandaren's philosophy on things: "Slow down."
I am having a great time questing in Mists or Pandaria and am striving to record my whole initial lore-based leveling experience in my "Hunter vs Pandaria!" series. You can often find the series on our livestream and it will soon be up on out YouTube channel. Watch for it. I'm having a blast.
My MoP Gold-Making
Because I decided to go with a lore-first methodology in Mists of Pandaria I haven't been pushing gold-making as much as others. This means I've likely missed out on some initial gold-making potential but with 1.5M sitting in the bank I'm not really hurting for the gold.
That's not to say that I haven't been planning and working on gold-making. Most specifically I've been keeping a close eye on the MoP 83-84 market.
- Buying cheap (under 55g for armor, 75g for weapons) iLevel 363+ MoP level 83-84 items.
- Storing the items now so as not to inflate the market this early.
- Plan to sell them in a fwe weeks when the initial 85-90 leveling rush dies down.
- There is a vendor, Singegruff, who lives in Dawn's Blossom which is within easy riding distance from both starting areas that sells full sets of iLevel 372 level 85 gear for cheap (50-70g).
- Due to Singegruff I am not planning on initially working in the level 85 MoP items market for now (maybe ever).
- Still working the 77-80 Cataclysm market although it is very slow right now which is expected.
- Slowly leveling Inscription and Alchemy. Hoping to get the Living Steel transmute on each Alchemist.
- I've been able to sell some dropped cooking food for decent prices.
Other's MoP Gold-Making
I've been getting lots of reports from the field from readers and livestream viewers. I'm listing a few here. (Note: These are other's efforts, not mine.)
- Mining and Herbalism farmed mats sold well early on but prices are continuing to drop.
- Engineering cogs have been reported being sold well by multiple sources.
- Getting Tiller's faction up is a great way to get daily Spirit of Harmony.
- Many early-learned glyphs from Scroll of Wisdom have been selling well but competition is heating up quickly.
- There are some items in the game which have level requirements of level 80-81 but have an item level of over 400+. These items are likely mislabeled and are likely to be changed but may appeal to twinks.
- The Jewelcrafting Shuffle appears to work well and doesn't have any "extra" gems (like Zephyrite in Cataclysm) in MoP.
- Disenchanting cheap MoP greens from the AH can grant higher-valued enchanting mats to flip.
Your MoP Gold-Making?
So what has your own Mists of Pandaria gold-making experience been like? Have you been making a killing? If so, how?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.