Social Herbalism; 1000s of Herbs an Hour (part 2) - Social Herbing in Warcraft Legion Remember Social Fishing at the end of Warlords of Draenor? Several players could join a garrison group and fish together ...
Testing Battle Pet Cageability and Quality In MoP Beta
There has been much speculation around what would happen to our current pets when it comes to the Pet Battles system being introduced in Mists of Pandaria.
We've seen a blue post indicating that some pets may become "Rare" when caged. Some have done analysis on where these pets come from.
To set the record straight (at least as far as the current beta build is concerned) I wanted to test caging all my pets on the current Beta client (Beta Client: 5.0.4 (15929) Jul 31, 2012) and see what happened. Head past the jump for my (rather interesting) results.
Below are the results of trying to cage all the pets I had available.
A few things I noticed while doing the testing:
- None of the pets I tested became Rare ("blue") quality after caging. This included pets previously hinted to be becoming Rare such as the Little Fawn and Nuts.
- None of the pets indicated in the blue post as possibly becoming Rare are listed as "Rare" in my pet journal.
- TCG pet "Landro's Lil' XT" was not cageable.
- Many pets that may have been "uncageable" such as Winter's Little Helper are cageable.
- Many of the Orphan's Week pets are cageable.
- Many pets recieved from quests are not cageable.
- All of this is subject to change at any time.
Below is a spreadsheet where I recorded the results of my tests. (You can obtain a copy of the spreadsheet here.)
So there are my results. At least in this current Beta build (Beta Client: 5.0.4 (15929) Jul 31, 2012), none of the pets I had, whether TCG, Holiday or Blizzard Store, if they could be caged turned into Rare quality.
So what does this mean? Well as this is Beta things could change at any moment. That said, at least for now, it doesn't look like they will be making the pets listed in the original blue post (at least not the ones I had) into Rares.
As to how exactly this affects our pet stockpiling decisions? We can't say for sure yet. We need more information.
I only had access to around 120 pets. I'd love to have you all try to cage pets not listed above and put your results into the comments below.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, watch our Livestreams, follow us on Twitter, Circle us on Google+, Like us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
We've heard plenty of circumstantial evidence of rampant "duping" (duplication) of items in recent months. We've heard ...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
We've created a tool for creating importable TradeSkillMaster (TSM) groups from almost any webpage that includes links to World of...
In preparation for the launch of Legion I've been working on a project to build the character I'm planning to give my free level ...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 042
- Blackfallow Ink Still Tradeable in 5.0.4
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 041
- World of Warcraft Remote Auction House Now Free
- Buying Multiple Vendor Items At Once
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 040
- My Mists of Pandaria Stockpile? Not Much.
- Strong Evidence of Rampant Item Duplication in WoW...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 039
- Testing Battle Pet Cageability and Quality In MoP ...
- Jim Younkin's Gold-Making Interview At MMO Sentine...
- Huge Transmog Shopping List Compiled At The Hatche...
- Dealing With Perceived Threats To Our Markets
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor