Busy, Busy, Busy - Lots going on. So much to do and so little time. Gold Update Finally decided to buy a Swift Spectral Tiger. It’s been on my shopping list for a while now...
Items to Avoid When Flipping 77-80 Cataclysm Items
Today's post is a bit of a follow up to my post Selling 77-80 Cata Gear To Scroll Of Resurrection Level 80s. I've been asked many times for shopping lists/item lists for the 77-80 Cataclysm Items I flip. The truth is, due to the number of items involved, it is easier to tell people which items to avoid rather than which to buy. Read on past the jump to learn how to identify the "stinkers".
How to Buy
Before we go over what not to buy, lets get a quick refresher on how to buy them. The easiest way to find these auctions on the auction house is with the Auctionator addon's "Buy" tab. Once on the "Buy" tab enter the first search term below to search for armor and the second term to search for weapons.
Once the search is finished press the "Lowest Price" column to sort items so the cheapest items are on top. Now we are ready cull through these items for the profitable ones.
You can also add these to a Auctionator Shopping lists. (If you'd like to learn more about Auctionator shopping lists check out our post Auction House Basics: Auctionator Shopping Lists.)
The 5 Things What To Avoid
When searching through you search there are 5 major categories of items that I avoid like the plague.
(Three of the items in the list are suffixes to avoid which means look for the words that come after the item name. Example: "Moonbrook Crystal of the Beast", the "...of the Beast" is the part to look for.)
- "...of the Beast" - These items have not major stat (Agility, Strength or Int).Instead they have Crit Hit and Stam. Not having a major stat is a major no-no.
- "...of the Whale" - These items have only Spirit and Stam. No one wants that. No one. Avoid at all costs.
- Plate items or shields that are "...of the Tiger" - This gear has Agility and Stam. No plate-wearing class needs Agility. None. Stay away.
- Jasper Rings - These items are often crafted by Jewelcrafters as part of their shuffling routine and therefore at risk of large numbers of undercuts. I don't try to flip them.
- Alicite Pendants - These necklaces are also crafted by Jewelcrafters as part of the shuffle and therefore very prone to being flooded and undercut.
Here is a typical search I might get when searching for 77-80 Cataclysm.
Here is the list showing the items I'd avoid in this particular search
The more you search the better you get good at spotting the bad items. You want your items to sell. By avoiding these type of anomalous items you are more likely to pick winners.
To recap, I sell all 77-80 Cataclysm (above iLevel 272) items except the ones that match the criteria listed above. I've had great success in this market and think is is a market everyone should look into.
A Note On Pricing
I just wanted to add a note on item pricing. I've found a good pricing scheme for these items on my server. You may be able to adjust these prices up or down based on your own server.
I sell all armor pieces for 254g. Weapons I sell for around 225g for wands and off-hands, 345g for 1-handed and 445g for 2-handed weapons.
I like the prices above because they are low enough to not draw heavy competition but high enough to still make a nice profit.
When purchasing these items I'll pay up to 65g per piece for armor and 100g for weapons.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, follow us on Twitter, "Circle" us on Google+, "Like" us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
We've created a tool for creating importable TradeSkillMaster (TSM) groups from almost any webpage that includes links to World of...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- Project Goblin - Episode 002: "See You At The Cros...
- Project Goblin - Episode 001: "Resurrection!"
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 033
- Burnnhildar Harpoon: The Best Mogging Item You Nev...
- Items to Avoid When Flipping 77-80 Cataclysm Items...
- Morning Gold-Making Routine 4.5.12 Livestream Reco...
- One Million Gold (And Counting!)
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 032
- Livestream Recordings From 4.1.12 With ElJeppy
- Morning Gold-Making Routine 3.30.12
- Early-Morning Gold-Making Routine 3.28.12
- Early-Morning Routine 3.27.12 (Parts 3 & 4)
- Early-Morning Routine 3.27.12 (Parts 1 & 2)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor