In this week's episode we discuss our changing transmogrification techniques, speculate on how to prepare for Mists of Pandaria and much more. And now on with the show!
Embedded Player - Episode 028:
[iTunes] Subscribe to the Power Word: Podcast directly in iTunes.
[RSS] Add the Power Word: Podcast to your RSS reader or into iTunes manually.
[MP3] [Ogg] Download/Play the Episode directly.
[VBR M3U] [MP3 via M3U] Stream the Episode.
[Archive.org] View this Episode's page on Archive.org.
Full show notes after the jump.
Episode 028 Show Notes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast: Episode 028 was recorded Wednesday February 8, 2012.
- You can find more podcasts by selecting "Podcast" in our top navigation bar, selecting the "Podcasts" in our tag cloud and/or subscribing via iTunes or our Podcast-only RSS feed.
- Previous Podcasts:
- Music used in this episode. (All music used under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) License.)
- Intro: "Erase" by Spiralmountain from Spiralmountain.
- Break: "Mammals" by Spiralmountain from Spiralmountain.
- Outro: "The Coalition" by Spiralmountain from Spiralmountain.
- Faid's blog: Nerf Faids.
- 1:43 Our shifting techniques for selling mogging items.
- 8:45 Faid's ideas on pricing mogging items.
- 13:23 How Faid sets up her TradeSkillMaster to buy and sell mogging
- 19:02 How Jim developed a dual-list buy/selling system for using
Auctionator shopping lists for buying and selling and pricing mogging
- 25:20 Our gold-making impressions of mogging, one month on.
- 31:00 Mogging your own characters can teach you more about the items you're selling and inform your pricing.
- 33:07 Break
- 34:57 Shoutouts!!!
- 41:29 Preparing now for making gold in Mists of Pandaria.
- 45:45 Stockpiling monk leather. Jim's post that discusses which Leather sets Monk's might like: The Problematic Possibilities Of Leather Mogging Item Sales.
- 49:40 Watch Jim drive a thought straight into the ground. Theories aren't always perfect.
- 52:10 Faid tries to salvage something from my thought and succeeds. Save entry level MoP items and sell it later when alts come along.
- 55:11 What techniques stand the test of time from expansion to expansion?
- 1:04:08 What are some of the ways you think we can prepare for MoP?
- 1:12:04 Is there any value to "future-proofing" your gold against the inflation that may come in the next expansion?
- 1:18:10 Transmute Essence of Water to Essence of Air for a better
return on your daily Alchemy transmute. Pattern is bough outside
- Buy our 100-page illustrated Power Word: Gold Guide for a pay-what-you-want price of $1, $3, $5 or $10. Available in .pdf, .epub (iPad/iPhone via iBooks) and many more formats.
- Thanks for listening!
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-page Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, follow us on Twitter, "Circle" us on Google+, "Like" us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.