Watch live video from jimyounkin on Justin.tv
This weekend I finally put some of the hard-earned PayPal dollars we've earned selling our guide to use and purchased a full version of XSplit Premium. We've been using the free beta version for a while now to do those cool multi-screen section videos the last month or so. (Download XSplit beta at XSplit.com).
Over this weekend we went ahead and created a proper twitch.tv account (http://www.twitch.tv/jimyounkin/) and started livestreaming. Over the weekend we did 20+ hours of livestreaming. We had a blast. Livestreams are far different than YouTube videos in that there is live interaction between myself and the audience. Head past the jump for a list of all the livestreams we did this weekend.
While the below livestreams may sound long in length, many people (myself included) love watching livestreams (even recorded ones) as a way to pass the time as you are doing other things in World of Warcraft. As time goes on we will be doing more livestreams which will be announced on on our twitter account. You can also subscribe to our twitch.tv channel so you don't miss a livestream.
While I do discuss gold-making on the livestreams they are not limited gold-making alone. This is my JimYounkin twitch.tv which means I may stream non-WoW stuff from time to time.
Also we have added a twitch.tv gadget to the upper left hand of Power Word: Gold. If we're live, it will be shown there as well.
Livestreams from this last weekend:
- Jim Younkin's Saturday Night Gold-Maker Mega-thon - Over 3 hours of sillyness with some of my best World of Warcraft gold-making buddies. Length: 3:43:19, Date: Feb 11th, 2012 (There are some audio issues with the guests but the video is still epic.)
- April and I doing some low level LFD. I'm tanking on my Warrior and she's healing on her Paladin. Length: 1:21:46, Date: Feb 10th, 2012
- Late night random WoW stuff. Light breeze coming through the window. Killin' stuff sounds fun. Length: 2:39:49, Date: Feb 12th, 2012
- Jim Younkin - Afternoon WoW leveling with April. Length: 3:47:56, Date: Feb 12th 2012
- Jim Younkin - Afternoon WoW leveling with April. (Part 2) Length: 1:58:22, Date: Feb 12th 2012
- Jim Younkin - Late night rare spawn hunting and TradeSkillMaster tinkering Length: 2:20:16, Date: Feb 12th 2012
Yes the lengths above are in hours. Livestreams are such a different beast than anything I've done before. Sitting down and playing for a few hours while chatting with people watching the livestream is a real two-way street.
While the titles above are what I intended to to at the beginning of the video but because ot the nature of livestreaming interaction there are all sorts of topics covered in each livestream. You really just have to watch them to get an idea what I mean.
Also I include the livestream chat in the video themselves so you can see what the chatters are talking about. I think this really helps people watching it later to know what I'm talking about.
Watch twitter and subscribe to our http://www.twitch.tv/jimyounkin/ account for more livestream announcements.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Purchase our 100-Page Illustrated Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, follow us on Twitter, "Circle" us on Google+, "Like" us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.