Running Old Raids For Gold: Dragon Soul - List of Raids Dragon Soul (25H) Summary Alliance Travel Time: ~10 minutes Horde Travel Time: ~10 minutes Estimated Clear Time: ~45 minutes Approximate Go...
Keelhaul's Big Flippin' Mogging List
|Image Source: Warcraft Looks|
We finally have the list we've all been clamoring for: Keelhauls list of mogging items he's been making a killing off of since Patch 4.3 and the introduction of Transmogrification. Feel free to bookmark this post as I think it will be one many of us will be referring back to a lot. Let's hop past the jump and straight into the list.
Here's the list of items I collected pre-patch and have continued to snatch and flip. Items are listed by priority and have the prices I've been listing and selling.
I don't pay any attention to bracers because most don't show after transmogrification, thus few players buy. I also tend not to chase helms too heavily because whereas many of these sets are fantastic, a number of their helms leave much to be desired and are likely to be overlooked by buyers.
Players do buy them, don't get me wrong - I just don't spend a lot of time trying to flip them because there is a lot of visual parity among them so I'm fearful of a visual commodity.
(While the links below come from a variety of mogging-related websites I wanted to give a special thanks to WoW Roleplay Gear whose wonderful looks pages are used in many of the links.)
BEST SELLERS: PLATE
Plate Level 1:
1. Glorious Set (5k - 10k flip per piece)
2. Lofty Set (5k - 10k flip per piece)
3. Vanguard Set (5k - 10k flip per piece)
Plate Level 2:
4. Exalted Set (3.5k - 7.5k flip per piece)
5. Hyperion Set (1k - 3.5k flip per piece)
6. Jade Set (1k - 2.5k flip per piece)
Plate Level 3:
7. Imbued Plate Set (750 - 1.5k flip per piece)
8. Overlord's Set (500 - 1k flip per piece)
9. Bloodfist Set (500 - 1k flip per piece)
Plate Level 4
10. Alabaster Set (350 - 650 flip per piece)
11. Valorous Set (350 - 650 flip per piece)
12. Conqueror Set (350 - 650 flip per piece)
Plate Level 3
13. Templar Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
14. Emerald Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
15. Gothic Plate Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
16. Commander's Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
17. Heavy Lamellar Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
18. Chromite Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
19. Warmaul Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
20. Warlord's Iron-Plate Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
21. Heroic Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
22. Sunscale Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
23. Warbringer Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
24. Warleader Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
25. Brutish Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
26. High Chief's Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
27. Embossed Plate Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
28. Field Plate Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
29. Talonguard Set (225 - 500 flip per piece)
SECOND BEST SELLERS: MAIL
Mail Level 1
1. Black Dragonscale Set (750 - 1k flip per piece)
Mail Level 2 (500 - 750 flip per piece)
2. Magnificent Set
3. Masterwork Set
4. Ornate Set
Mail Level 3 (350 - 500 flip per piece)
5. Hero's Set
6. Lord's Set
7. Knight's Set
8. Mercurial Set
9. Indomitable Set
Mail Level 4 (225 - 350 flip per piece)
10. Pillager's Set
11. Crusader's Set
12. Champion's Set
THIRD BEST SELLERS: CLOTH
Cloth Level 1 (500 - 750 flip per piece)
1. Silver-Thread Set
2. Shadow Council Set
3. Imperial Red Set
Cloth Level 2 (350 - 500 flip per piece)
4. Highborne Set
5. Regal Set
6. Buccaneer's Set
Cloth Level 3
7. Any Robe that meets the following criteria: (I would charge minimum 350g for any robe in this category)
1) Under level 70
2) Unique: Not "cool", not "blue", not "something I like". I mean UNIQUE, like you've never seen it around town before, or it feels like it's from a distant part of Azeroth.
3) Simple: The later the robe designs (70+), the more complex they get and therefore the more difficult to discern a unique look from far away. Under 70 gets you halfway to a good item that will sell, going for something simple (like the Buccaneer's robe) gets you the rest of the way. Why simple? Because it doesn't look like today's armor, that's why. Easier to stand out in a crowd. Trust the logic.
4) Anything from AQ20/AQ40: They don't look great in my opinion, but they are extremely rare because few players bother to head out to Silithus anymore.
LOWEST SELLERS: LEATHER
I only flip one set, the Ranger set (editor's note: may be this set also) (350 - 500g flip per piece). I don't bother with anything else because sales were extremely slow from the start and I don't find the BoEs to be incredibly different from the BoPs and tier sets. In general, I avoid leather.
ODDS AND ENDS
A few individually unique transmog flips I hunt for:
Cloudkeeper Legplates (flip for 5k+) Why? Shows a lot of skin on female characters + crazy colors.
Grim Sabatons (flip for 1k+) Why? Only boots that match the Enchanted Thorium plate set.
Swashbuckler's Eyepatch (flip for 750 - 1k) Why? It's an eyepatch.
Outlander's Facewrap (flip for 750 - 1k) Why? It's a bandana over the mouth.
Cable of the Metrognome (2k) Why? It is part of the Paladin off-color Tier 8 set attainable by plate-wearers.
Robes of Insight (3.5k+) Why? Widely considered one of the most amazing-looking robes for female characters.
A huge thanks to Keel for using his in-depth research and first-hand experience to provide us with such a detailed and through list of mogging items he has been successfully flipping on the auction house. I know it will take me a while to dig through all these but the benefits will be huge.
If you don't already I highly recommend following Keelhaul's twitter account @DEazeroth. Since Patch 4.3 he's been dropping thermonuclear gold-making knowledge bombs on us all.
If you are interested in World of Warcraft aesthetics be sure to visit our sister blog Warcraft Looks as well as Keelhaul's encyclopedic Disenchanting Azeroth.
Below are a few more Power Word: Gold posts on mogging. You can always find these and other mogging-related posts by selecting "Mogging" from our tag cloud in the right sidebar.
- Confessions Of A Mogging Fiend
- One-Handed Mace Mog Flipping Recommendations
- Recommended One-Handed Swords To Sell For Mogging
- What Makes A Mogging Item Worth Selling?
- The Shape Of The Mogging Market And Staves
- Selling Classic Raid Runs To Moggers
- BOE 2H Axes - Analysis Of What Might Sell
- BOE Shields - An Analysis Of What Might Sell Post Patch 4.3
- Determining The Value Of Mogging Items - Time
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold - Read our Free Gold Guide, subscribe via RSS, subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or RSS, follow us on Twitter, "Circle" us on Google+, "Like" us on Facebook, subscribe via Youtube and join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- My New Source for Heavenly Shards
- Great Mogging Finds: The Huge Thorium Battleaxe
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 024
- Power Word: Gold 2011 Year End Review
- New Star Wars: The Old Republic Section of Power W...
- 25 Must-Follow Gold-Making Twitterers
- Keelhaul's Big Flippin' Mogging List
- Building A Valor Bracer Shopping List
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 023
- How The Economics of Dreamcloth Are Changing
- My Mailbox Tactics For Tracking Sales
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- March (24)
- February (20)
- December (11)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor