In this week's episode we discuss how epic gems might come into the game, Blizzard's philosophy on exclusivity, PTR raw gem changes, setting a price ceiling on the glyph market and much more. And now, on with the show!
Embedded Player - Episode 020:
[iTunes] Subscribe to the Power Word: Podcast directly in iTunes.
[RSS] Add the Power Word: Podcast to your RSS reader or manually to iTunes.
[MP3] [Ogg] Download the Episode directly.
[VBR M3U] [MP3 via M3U] Stream the Episode.
[Archive.org] View this Episode's page on Archive.org.
Full show notes after the jump.
Episode 020 Show Notes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast: Episode 020 was recorded Friday, September 30, 2011.
- You can find podcasts by selecting "Podcast" in our top navigation bar, selecting the "Podcasts" in our tag cloud and/or subscribing via iTunes or our Podcast-only RSS feed.
- Previous Podcasts:
- Music used in this episode:
- Intro - Fool by Eglyn from Eglyn. Used under the Creative Commons Paternité - Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale - Pas de Modification 2.0 France License (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
- Break - What a stupid clown! by Eglyn from Eglyn. Used under the Creative Commons Paternité - Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale - Pas de Modification 2.0 France License (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
- Break - Incoming by Eglyn from Eglyn. Used under the Creative Commons Paternité - Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale - Pas de Modification 2.0 France License (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
- Faid's Info:
- Blog: Nerf Faids. Youtube: Faidtastic. Twitter: @Faidtastic
- Second Blog: Faid Plays. Second Youtube: FaidPlays
- 7:24 Epic gem news. Related post: Breaking Down The Datamined Epic Gem Information
- 15:25 What would your preferred way for epic gems to come into the game?
- 32:09 What to do to prepare for epic gems and patch 4.3.
- 34:50 PRT Change: Raw uncommon and rare Cataclysm gems have no sell price. Related post: Raw Cataclysm Gems Can't Be Vendored On PTR
- 39:49 What options do people have for getting rid of lots of uncommon gems?
- 46:30 Faid's reasoning for getting back into the glyphs as well as how a 30g price ceiling has affected her server's glyph market.
- 1:04:47 flux's character is named "Keranta". She on the Argent Dawn-US server, Alliance side if you want to sent her in-game mail and/or items. Especially strange or interesting items may get mentioned in future podcasts.
- 1:07:01 How having a gold-making mentality can pay off.
- 1:12:54 What are our bread-and-butter, day-in-day-out, auto-pilot gold-making methods?
- Be sure to watch Faid's new video for selling vendor recipes and pets: Vendor Recipes and Pets: Redux (embedded below).
- Thanks for listening!
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Circle us on Google+. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
MP3 link for feed: