Running Old Raids For Gold: Blackwing Descent - List of Raids Blackwing Descent (25H) Summary Alliance Travel Time: ~4 minutes Horde Travel Time: ~5 minutes Estimated Clear Time: ~20-30 minutes Approxi...
Recommended One-Handed Swords To Sell For Mogging
Today's guest post was written by Keelhaul who runs the blog Disenchanting Azeroth (Twitter: @DEazeroth). If you're interested in writing a guest post for Power Word: Gold please contact us at email@example.com.
Many of these items can be found on the auction house now for very low prices. I have The Undermine Journal email alerts set up for many of these items and have been picking them up often between 50-100 gold. (The max I recommend you paying for these pre-4.3 is around 200 gold.)
Head past the jump for the recommended one-handed swords list.
Two Points of Caution
1) Beware investing in BoEs that have questionable "stats". If it only has an on-hit effect, I'm not sure we have 100% assurance from Blizzard that it qualifies as an "item with stats". Great example here is the Blade of Wizardry and Teebu's Blazing Longsword. If they qualify, you've got potential record-setters. If they don't, you've got flashlights. The irony here is I only just realized the Singing Crystal Axe that I was touting a month ago carries the same risk. Yet I've sold two, who knows...
2) I noted your earlier post from a reader who was excited to get the Avool's Sword of Jin. I would caution against spending over the threshold you mentioned (200 gold) on items that have routinely been on and off the AH since Wrath. Yes, it's visually very unique and is a one-of-a-kind. But like the Crystalforged War Axe from TBC, it simply may not appeal to a broad enough audience because players may have model fatigue from seeing it all the time. We just don't know, so I would caution against going over the threshold flux has recommended.
Recommended One-Handed Swords
Have potential, but invest wisely:
1) Blade of Wizardry
2) Teebu's Blazing Longsword (Same model as Blade of Wizardry.)
3) Hope Ender
3) Avool's Sword of Jin
|Blade of Wizardry/Teebu's Blazing Longsword (Click to Enlarge)|
|Hope Ender (Click to Enlarge)|
|Avool's Sword of Jin (Click to Enlarge)|
|Bloodrazor (Click to Enlarge)|
1) The Butcher
What to avoid: (Don't be deceived by epics with too many similar models.)
1) Krol Blade
3) Dazzling Longsword
4) Felsteel Longblade
1) Everything else
Thanks as always to Keelhaul for applying his expert knowledge and analysis to the subject of BOE one-handed swords. Working through all the models in the game is no easy task. If you would details on all one-handed swords in the game be sure to check out his post "One-Handed Swords: Avoiding the Red Ocean" on Disenchanting Azeroth.
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Circle us on Google+. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- Raw Cataclysm Gems Can't Be Vendored On PTR
- Breaking Down The Datamined Epic Gem Information
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 019
- One-Handed Mace Mog Flipping Recommendations
- Recommended One-Handed Swords To Sell For Mogging
- Ghostcrawler: Epic Gems To Be Individual Drops Fro...
- Good Morning! (Or Could It Be Evening?)
- What Makes a Mogging Item Worth Selling?
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 018
- The Shape of The Mogging Market And Staves
- Dealing With Super Competitive Glyph Markets
- Selling Classic Raid Runs To Moggers
- 10 Tips For Starting A Gold-Making Blog
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- March (24)
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor