In this short video I go over a few advanced espionage tactics for those trying to find an advantage making sales in heavily camped markets such as glyphs of cut gems.
If you can't be online more than your competition you have to be more creative than your competiton. In this example I use the /tar command along with raid markers to help track my main glyph competition.
Find more super-secret spy tips after the jump.
Advanced Auction House Combat Tactics (AAHCT):
- Have 100% of your major competitors on your friends list.
- Pay attention to them coming online of going offline. Posting after they go offline is a solid strategy.
- Use an addon like SLDataText to easily track their whereabouts.
- Place raid markers on them (right click on their target frame and select a Raid Marker).
- Watch for any "robotic" behavior, repetitive movements or walking the exact same patch over and over from the mail box to the auctioneer. This may indicate a auction house bot program. Report suspected auction house bots immediately.
- Make notes of which auction house each competitor utilizes as well as times you've seen them on.
- Do your own auctions in Dalaran or Shattath to help avoid them spying on you (at least visibly).
Remember: "All is fair in love and war". Now get out there and slaughter your competition...with your brain!
- What tactics do you employ to give yourself an advantage in heavily camped markets?
- What other "creative" solutions have you found for not being able to camp the auction house as often as your competition?
- How do you determine when it's time to move out of a heavily camped market?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.