PGB Week 2 - Project Golden Bull (or PBG) began on May 5th, 2016. The main purpose of PBG is to force myself to learn how to make gold on a new server and without my ...
The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 008
In this week's episode we discuss how we've been making gold this week, flipping epic Cataclysm items for profit, how best to transfer large sums of gold across factions, farming rare Cataclysm spawns as well as have an interview with the gold blogger Faid and much more. And now, on with the show!
Embedded Player - Episode 008:
iTunes: Podcast iTunes Link
Download/Play: MP3, MP3 (ZIP)
Stream: M3U, MP3 via M3U
RSS: Podcast-only RSS Feed (For manual entry into iTunes, RSS readers, etc.)
Archive.org: Episode 008 Audio Page
(Note: If you have any issues with the embedded player or listening to the podcast in general please let us know.)
Full show notes after the jump.
Episode 008 Show Notes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast: Episode 008 was recorded Saturday May 7, 2011.
- You can find podcasts by selecting "Podcast" in our top navigation bar, selecting the "Podcasts" tag in our tag cloud in the side bar, subscribing on iTunes or via our Podcast-only RSS feed.
- Previous Podcasts
- 02:19 Podcasts: Auction House Junkies, Addicted to Azeroth and The Instance Podcast
- 02:59 Challenge! Record your own gold making tip and send the audio MP3 to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll included it in a future Power Word: Golf Podcast. If you are a blogger be sure to include the name of your blog.
- Twitter: @PowerWordGold. Power Word: Gold on Facebook. The Power Word: Gold Podcast on iTunes.
- Follow Jokine on Twitter: @Jokinee
- 06:35 What flux has been doing this week to make gold in World of Warcraft.
- 07:00 Players are buying a lot of more since the Patch 4.1.
- Making more money in lower-competition markets.
- 08:46 Skinning: Blackened Dragonscales, Heavy Savage Leather
- 13:11 Engineering: Electrified Ether (made from Volatile Air), Handful of Obsidium Bolts.
- Children's Week: Selling Small Eggs Farmed from Dragonhawks in Eversong Woods.
- 16:34 Don't mess with the Eggpimp!
- 21:00 Infinite Dust selling well. (Made from disenchanting jewelery made with extra Lich King uncommon gems created as a by-product of prospecting Saronite Ore to get gems to make Icy Prisms now that the Icy Prism cooldown is removed.)
- 24:04 How Jokine has been making gold this week.
- Shuffling massive amounts of Cataclysm ore.
- 25:10 Transmuting, cutting and auctioning Ember Topaz and Demonseye from Hessonite and Nightstone.
- 28:14 Carnelians are either turned into Greater Celestial Essence (via crafting and disenchanting Carnelian Spikes) or transmuted into Inferno Rubies.
- 30:21 Purchasing blue and yellow Cataclysm rare gem cut recipes with jewelcrafting daily tokens to help increase the value of gems by cutting them.
- 31:11 Mixing a few extra items into your regular Auctionator shopping lists helps you keep an eye out for price spikes.
- 33:04 Grats to Jokine on hitting 350,000 gold!
- 33:56 Don't be afraid to get creative bartering items & gold with players who may be short on gold.
- 36:42 BREAK - If you haven't already please "Like" us over at our Power Word: Gold Facebook Page.
- 37:54 Bravo to TradeSkillMaster for implementing "human detection" into TSM. The war against botters is a valiant one. Keep it up!
- 39:29 Jokine explains in-depth how to flip iLevel 359 epic items for profit.
- 40:16 Recommended addons used for flipping epics: Auctioneer and TradeSkillMaster
- 42:53 All Cataclysm epics are not created equal. Heroic Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub iLevel 353 epics are not the same as traditional iLevel 359 epics. ILevel 353 epics are much more common and lower priced. Stick to iLevel 359 epics.
- 44:55 TradeSkillMaster to give direction on prices.
- 45:20 Try to find cheap epics BEFORE you do your scan to keep the higher prices present in the addon.
- 48:05 People buying epics may wait a long time to decide to finally purchase a Cataclysm epic.
- 49:10 Check once a day. When you get more into flipping epics you will start checking for epic flipping opportunities multiple times a day.
- 50:38 How to transfer large sums of gold across factions without losing gold to large neutral auction fees.
- 52:26 flux decides to put "Project Goblin" on hiatus in order to transfer back a level 82 to be his the main Horde trading character on his account (he plays mostly Alliance).
- 53:20 flux considers buying chopper parts in order to transfer gold (or gold value rather) across factions.
- 55:40 Sometimes it is just better to leave gold on the opposite faction rather than risk losing value in the process of moving it across.
- 59:13 Farming the Reins of Poseidus swimming mount from Poseidus.
- 1:00:58 Watch for Burgy Blackheart who drops the Burgy Blackheart's Handsome Hat which turns you into a ghostly gnome pirate. Arrrr me mateys!
- 1:04:38 Making gold farming ore while leveling a character through battlegrounds and dungeons.
- 1:05:58 The Burning Crusade Engineering item Khorium Power Core (used to craft the engineering-only flying mount Turbo-Charged Flying Machine) had it's materials lowered from (3) Khorium Bars to (1).
- 1:08:21 BREAK - This week's additions to the World Of Warcraft Gold Blog Directory: The Third Torch, Dark Tuesday, Gimps Golden Adventure, Khalior's Tentacular Junkpile, Gold Trail Rush, Three Silver Tips and Well Dressed Orc. Be sure to give them a visit (and a comment).
- 1:09:35 Interview with Faid from the blog Nerf Faids. Faid on twitter: @Faidtastic. Subscribe to Faid's YouTube channel.
- 1:11:36 "What made you decide to get into gold blogging?"
- 1:14:38 Faid discussed the motivation behind her new "Faid's WoW Gold Rush" video series. Watch the first video in the series "WoW Gold Rush - WoW Gold Making in 10 Minutes - Blasted Lands" now.
- 1:17:15 What Faid has been doing to make gold in World of Warcraft this week.
- Selling Enchant Chest - Mighty Stats scolls for 350g each Only take (2) Lesser Celestial Essence to craft.
- Selling Mysterious Fortune Cards and Inferno Inks.
- 1:18:36 Thinking outside the box in order to create content for the WoW Gold Rush video series.
- 1:21:31 How Faid prepared in order to have a good supply of Rare Cataclysm gems for Patch 4.1.
- 1:24:00 How Faid has been maximizing profit from uncommon Cataclysm gems. Because of her guild's Bountiful Bags perk disenchanting is a bit more lucrative meaning many gems are turned into jewelery for disenchanting.
- 1:25:17 Faid answers a question about Heroic Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub Bind-On-Equip (BOE) epic items introduced in Patch 4.1.
- 1:31:11 BREAK - A little behind the scenes.
- 1:35:09 Commenters: sklyanka (blog: Diary of sklyanka. On the way to a million. twitter:@rachel_ka), Argo, Torgal, Vergadin, GrayzBDF and Riel.
- 1:37:48 twitter: @msherretz, @Gunny721, @Faidtastic, @kelgathor, @bangkokbill555, @jimmydargocey, @Toltecgold (from Dark Tuesday), @thegoldqueen, @HWoodLockhart (Private Detective), @NevAHAddict (from Auction House Addict), @third_torch, @GimpsGold (from Gimps Golden Adventure), @SSmith0911, @CappedByCata and @anaalius.
- Post of the Week.
- 1:40:06 "Companion Pets - Super Cute And Selling Well!" guest post by Torgal.
- 1:40:53 "The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 007".
- 1:42:49 "Cataclysm Gems - Finding Lucrative Cuts Via The Undermine Journal Gems Array".
- 1:44:25 "Cataclysm Skinning + Potion Of Treasure Finding = 3000 Gold Per Hour".
- 1:47:20 "Smoking kills Internet2". (Proof that the internet was taken out be a homeless man.)
- 1:48:16 Riel asks "What have you guys been doing in regards to the information being released about 4.2, like the new profession recipes? Is it good to stock volatiles?"
- New profession bags coming in Patch 4.2. (See "36 slots proffesion bags in patch 4.2" on Anaalius.com)
- 1:50:32 New Tailoring recipes in Patch 4.2. (See "New Tailoring Recipes from the 4.2 Test Realm" on Kaliope's Crafting Blog.)
- 1:50:56 PUG "trash runs" may be one way to get the recipes if they are Bind-on-Pickup (BOP)
- 1:51:22 New Blacksmithing and Leatherworking recipes require Chaos Orbs. Do heroics and stock up on Chaos Orbs.
- 1:53:50 New Jewelcrafting recipes in Patch 4.2. (See "New Jewelcrafting Recipes in Patch 4.2" on Kaliope's Crafting Blog.) Stocking up on Amberjewels and Ocean Sapphires.
- 1:59:08 Some new crafted PVP rings are listed Rare iLevel 358 items.
- 2:02:00 If you are getting cheap Elementium Ore save it for the next patch when Hardened Elementium Bars will be used in many new crafted items.
- How you can get a hold of us.
- Blog: http://www.powerwordgold.net
- twitter: flux - @PowerWordGold. Jokine - @Jokinee.
- Facebook: Power Word: Gold Fan Page.
- reddit: /r/WoWGoldMaking
- Find more gold blogs and podcasts: World Of Warcraft Gold Blog Directory.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Chat with us using the "Chat With PW:G Now" on our Meebo Bar.
- flux is playing a World of Warcraft clone on the iPhone and iPad called Order & Chaos Online. It is actually not half bad. Find out more about Order & Chaos© Online by Gameloft for iPad or iPhone.
- Finnish Word of the Week: "kulta" which means "gold".
- Send in your MP3 "Kulta Tip" and have them played on a future podcast!
- What did you do in World of Warcraft this last week to make gold?
- Who would you like to see as a guest in the podcast (and why)?
- What question would you like answered by flux and Jokine in a future podcast?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
MP3 link for feed:
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- On The Seventh Day Flux Rested
- Adding Item Links To Barking Macros
- 16g New 4.2 Obsidium Shuffle Floor Price And Here'...
- Stalking Auction House Campers and Undercutters
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 010
- Flux's Fireside Chat 21 May 2011 - The One Where D...
- Flipping Cataclysm Epic Items Is Legit
- The "Treasure Potion Trash Dash" Challenges You!
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 009
- Setting Up TradeSkillMaster Groups - A Beginner's ...
- Flux's Fireside Chat Video 2011.05.13
- Auction House Basics: Auctionator Shopping Lists
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 008
- Cataclysm Skinning + Potion of Treasure Finding = ...
- Cataclysm Gems - Finding Lucrative Cuts Via The Un...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 007
- April (22)
- March (24)
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor