PGB Week 2 - Project Golden Bull (or PBG) began on May 5th, 2016. The main purpose of PBG is to force myself to learn how to make gold on a new server and without my ...
Searching for New Gold Making Experiences - a Guest Post by Jokine
The Power Word: Gold Podcast . For the latest information from Jokine follow them on twitter at @Jokinee.
We don't want to look opportunities behind us but rather look for new experiences. This is a very important thing and you want to take a look at your own gold making methods.
Change is Coming
Rule above works for the World of Warcraft and will become very essential after the next big change in the world of ore shufflers. (Or as we like to call it ''The way to obtain free gold trough JC and enchanting.'')
Thinking "inside the box" works on some level when you want to make gold without risk. If you think about markets like netherweave bags you will understand that something not so obvious can be very good passive income.
I've sold these bags around 750 in last 2 months, and made about 6k profit out of them. Now imagine selling things like soul dust which you obtained through other profession, resetting low level markets, transmuting titanium from saronite bars, transmuting arcanite bars, smelting cheap tin and copper bars to make bronze bars and selling them for profit. This will add up does it not?
Now you may think ''Prospecting my cheap ore which I have unlimited access is much faster and better profit.'' Have you ever thought that all these markets (plus a lot of other markets) require so little work. It is mostly afk crafting and checking prices with your shopping list that it takes your play time about 5 to 15 minutes per day (if you are not deep into them).
All of these markets have very little "real" competition. You will be able to manipulate them on any level you want. These markets require little time every day. They don't require big invests and have near zero risk because of the fact that they are all low level stuff.
|Working hard for the money.|
What Worked Still Does
Cold (from Cold's Gold Factory) said wisely that ''things that used to work still work today'' so take a look at your professions once again. I've seen Mageshadow (from Just My Two Copper) talking about these low level markets just recently and props from that. It's good that you write about things that some people are not that familiar with.
The fact that there will not be this "free ore shuffle" gold means you will need to accept a lot of other (even smaller) markets gladly in to your open arms. You will need to do this to be able to gather even near the same amount of gold that you used to get every day with your JC + enchanting.
Profit is Profit
My advice how to find these markets is:
- Check every profession which you have access to one by one.
- Check mat prices and how high the profit margin is.
- If the profit margin is good and you are happy with it (and there is even a low supply for these mats) try it out and make few items to start) See if they sell well (or sell at all).
- For US players, use The Undermine Journal (TUJ) to check how well the item you are about to make has had demand in the past. Decide if you are happy with it or not.
The golden lesson is "If it's profit it's profit even with minimal demand". Here is an example: Think of things like 30 spell power on weapon which mostly have no supply. You know you are able to set price and (because of lack of people selling them) someone may buy it even it's overpriced. For me it was 200g to make and I sold it for 1000g.
I hope you see what I'm getting at. Niche markets make small markets. Small markets make big markets. Don't let the gold flow pass you. Grab it and keep your eyes open for new opportunities and experiences.
- What niche markets do you find profit in?
- What "old" gold making tricks are still working well for you?
- What are you doing to prepare for the end of the The Obsidium Shuffle?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- Companion Pets - Super Cute and Selling Well!
- Maelstrom Crystal Prices Plummet in Patch 4.1 - Ho...
- It's Official: Cut Uncommon Cata Gems Vendor for 7...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 006
- Using TradeSkillMaster, Auctioneer and Auctionator...
- Calculating Maelstrom Crystal Price vs. Engineerin...
- Searching for New Gold Making Experiences - a Gues...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 005
- Introducing the World of Warcraft Gold Blog Direct...
- Auction House Basics: Picking The Right Starting P...
- 5 Ways To Survive Without The Obsidium Shuffle
- Buying and Selling Valor Boots for Profit
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 004
- Caffeine Free Web Comic #0008 - You Have Problems....
- Have Group, Will Travel - We're All Mages Now!
- The Obsidium Shuffle is Dead - Patch 4.1 Uncommon ...
- Win a Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse From The Gold Q...
- Quickly Farm Netherweave Cloth in Outland
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 003
- Black Iron Ore, Pyrite Ore and the Truth About Epi...
- Parking Unused Characters For Profit
- How I (Accidentally) Became The Luckiest. WoW Play...
- March (24)
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor