In this week's episode we discuss how to process large amounts of herbs, how we made gold this week, transitioning from ore to herbs for Patch 4.1, how to live without the Obsidium Shuffle and flux learns a bit about Finland.
And now, on with the show!
Embedded Player - Episode 005:
iTunes: iTunes Podcast Link
Download/Play: MP3, MP3 (ZIP)
Stream: M3U, MP3 via M3U
RSS: Podcast-only RSS Feed (For manual entry into iTunes, RSS readers, etc. NOTE: We recently changed out Podcast RSS feed URL. Please update to the new Podcast-only RSS feed as the old feed no longer works.)
Archive.org: Episode 005 Page
(Note: If you have any issues with the embedded player or listening to the podcast in general please let us know.)
Full show notes after the jump.
Episode 005 Show Notes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast: Episode 005 was recorded Saturday April 16, 2011.
- You can also find podcasts by selecting "PODCAST" in our top navigation bar or selecting the "Podcasts" tag in our tag cloud in the side bar. You can also subscribe on iTunes and via our Podcast-only RSS feed.
- Previous Podcasts:
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 004
Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 003
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Follow us on twitter - flux: @PowerWordGold, Jokine: @Jokinee
- No Patch 4.1 this last week. Read about the Patch 4.1 "GEMMAGEDDON!!" (including lots of new and updated links) on "The Obsidium Shuffle Is Dead - Patch 4.1 Uncommon Gem Vendor Price 75s"
- How flux made gold this week:
- The Obsidium Shuffle still going strong
- Ore prices spiked this week at some points.
- Mine>Smelt/Prospect>Mine>Smelt/Prospect etc.
- Leveled 4th transmute specced alchemist.
- Actually playing the game helps you find more ways to make gold.
- Big availability choke points in the Alchemy leveling process may bring nice profits (eg. Gromsblood, Arthas Tear, Goldthorn and Blindweed).
- Farming herbs in Norhern Feralas can get your many desired Alchemy leveling herbs.
- Primal Air are going for large sums on my server as they are used in making Primal Mights which are required for the Transmute Specialization in Alchemy.
- Liquidating back stock of enchanting mats, gems, and more in preparation for Patch.
- Glyphs: Profitable (but frustrating!)
- Reported a auction house Bot.
- How Jokine made gold this week:
- Bought 600 stacks of Whiptail
- Turned all Whiptail into 90 Darkmoon Cards
- Trading darkmoon cards for Valor Boots plus gold.
- Volatile Life most expensive part of making cards.
- Sold 50 Mysterious Fortune Cards for ~9g Ink.
- Buying Netherweave Cloth and selling Netherweave bags as fast as he can make them.
- Selling Flash of Titanic Strength.
- Selling Mythical Mana Potions for ~10g (4g mat price), health potions for ~20g.
- -BREAK- SLDataText - My favorite addon for keeping an eye on my competition.
- What comes after the Obsidium Shuffle goes away.
- Jokine explains using herbs.
- Check prices on "Use" Potions such as Potion of the Tol'vir, Volcanic Potion and Golemblood Potion.
- Switching to Potion Spec Alchemist and back to Transmute Spec generally isn't worth the money unless making 500+ potions.
- Make/sell some glyphs (if you don't have fierce competition).
- Effects of Cataclysm herb flooding the market?
- Stay out for now and watch what happens.
- There is no hard price floor for herbs.
- Lots of herbs in the game because people have stockpiled so much.
- How to efficiently process large quantities of herbs.
- Use the Panda addon to process all herbs into pigments.
- Once pigments are processed you can AFK process inks.
- Clear out bags and take herbs from bank. Mill all.
- Put pigment into bank.
- Once milling done put pigments back into bags and make all inks.
- Monitor ink creation as it can stop before done.
- Check Alchemy items on the auction house to look for price spikes and alternate ways to bleed off herbs.
- Check relic prices and craft profitable ones.
- Buy/resell vendor bought Inscription items from Twilight Highlands used to make relics.
- Ore prices have been fluctuating.
- Ore might be flooded but bots will still farm ore. Ore is still needed. Ore prices will still drop.
- -BREAK- New World Of Warcraft Gold Blog Directory available on Power Word: Gold.
- Alto from Alto's Goldish Advice (His gold guide for sale).
- Faid from Nerf Faids.
- Podcast Post commenters: Nev, Torgal, Scally, Moravec, Mortey, Jokine and Faid.
- Twitter commenters: @HazelWoW, @GrayzBDF, @MattWhite83 and @georgewow.
- Leave comments/questions on this podcast post, on twitter and via email at email@example.com.
- Posts of the Week:
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 004
- Buying And Selling Valor Boots For Profit
- 5 Ways To Survive Without The Obsidium Shuffle
- Auction House Basics: Picking The Right Starting Price
- The World of Warcraft Gold Blog Directory was posted on Sunday.
- YouTube - EXCLUSIVE! - Tuesday (is Raid Night) - Parody of "Friday" by Rebecca Black
- YouTube - Francis Gets His Warcraft Account Hacked (Wow, World of Warcraft)
- YouTube - German Kid Keyboard Smasher (English subtitles)
- flux's story: Netherweave Bags. You never know why prices are what they are. Your competition may have 7 accounts, buy mats from farmers and have a personal vendetta against someone for undercutting them by 1 copper. Crazy.
- May be making Maelstrom Crystals via disenchanting cheap epic tailoring belts.
- -BREAK- Stylish Black Shirt - It's not just a stylish shirt which is black in color it is also a blog.
- flux learns about Finland cuisine. Minced meat!
- YouTube - Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time - Meatball Massacre
- Check out Prncesspwn's new gold-making blog Prncesspwn's AH.
- Like the podcast? Try out our new "Donate" page.
- What is your plan for making gold with cheap Cataclysm herbs?
- How did you make gold this last week?
- What questions do you have for our next podcast?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed. Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes or Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
MP3 link for feed: