Updates - This month has turned out to be a bit more challenging than I expected. I am writing this from my wife’s computer. The hard drive on mine failed and now ...
How I (Accidentally) Became The Luckiest. WoW Player. Ever.
|Ashes. Ashes. We all fall down!|
So I opened my bags this morning in preparation to sell some enchanting mats on the auction house and noticed something odd. I had an Ashes of Al'ar mount in my inventory.
Why is this odd? Because I already have the Ashes of Al'ar. (See "The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The Ashes of Al'ar)") This had me scratching my head and then the realization slowly crept over me.
Last night I was in Netherstorm making my rounds to Stormspire to pick up the pets they sell there which I resell on the Auction House. I saw someone broadcasting in the local channel that the were going to kill Kael'thas for a chance for the mount.
Since I was right these I sent them a whisper and they added me. Apparently they were trying to duo him and not having success. They thanked me for helping and I flew to The Eye and headed in.
Our first attempt was less then successful but our second attempt was going well. Kael'thas was almost dead when I hear a loud *CRASH* sound behind me in the kitchen and saw my cat slipping on the wood flooring as it hauled ass around the corner and out of the kitchen.
|Miscellaneous? Nothing important to see there.|
So now I have what I can only assume are shards of broken bowl all over the kitchen floor. (I can't see it as it's behind the counter from where I'm sitting.) And I'm about to die to Kael'thas a second time.
Luckily Kael'thas finally goes down this time. There is much rejoicing as I hurry and click greed on the loot. I am looking for a Tier 5 chest piece though (want the 15% damage to pet healing for extreme hunter soloing) and make sure to roll need on the token. At least that's what I thought I was rolling on.
I wasn't paying total attention as out of the corner of my eye I can see my cat slowly creeping back towards the kitchen. Not wanting the cat to start licking tuna off broken bowl shards I thank them for the run and hearth.
After finishing cleaning up the broken bowl I get back to my computer and log over to my jewelcrafter to repost my gems. Nothing unusual.
The Awful Realization
Fast forward to this morning and I now have two Ashes of Al'ar. I must have been distracted when clicking on the need and greed buttons (I use Xloot for my loot rolls and while its great for most stuff it is smaller than the default roll interface) and accidentally rolled Need for the Ashes of Al'ar.
I feel really bad for the other two players who saw the Ashes of Al'ar drop lost the roll then saw the winner immediately hearth but when your cat's about to lick broken glass you kinda gotta handle that. (My cat isn't the brightest bulb on the tree.)
I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Put it in my bank I suppose and hope that one day they will make it account bound. (One can hope.)
- What is the craziest thing you have looted by accident?
- What is the worst case of ninja-looting you've seen?
- What should I do with this extra Ashes of Al'ar?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold: Subscribe via our RSS Feed and Podcast RSS Feed. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
Episode 098 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Episode 097 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- Companion Pets - Super Cute and Selling Well!
- Maelstrom Crystal Prices Plummet in Patch 4.1 - Ho...
- It's Official: Cut Uncommon Cata Gems Vendor for 7...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 006
- Using TradeSkillMaster, Auctioneer and Auctionator...
- Calculating Maelstrom Crystal Price vs. Engineerin...
- Searching for New Gold Making Experiences - a Gues...
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 005
- Introducing the World of Warcraft Gold Blog Direct...
- Auction House Basics: Picking The Right Starting P...
- 5 Ways To Survive Without The Obsidium Shuffle
- Buying and Selling Valor Boots for Profit
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 004
- Caffeine Free Web Comic #0008 - You Have Problems....
- Have Group, Will Travel - We're All Mages Now!
- The Obsidium Shuffle is Dead - Patch 4.1 Uncommon ...
- Win a Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse From The Gold Q...
- Quickly Farm Netherweave Cloth in Outland
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 003
- Black Iron Ore, Pyrite Ore and the Truth About Epi...
- Parking Unused Characters For Profit
- How I (Accidentally) Became The Luckiest. WoW Play...
- March (24)
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor