This the first in a series called "Project Goblin". I will be taking a level 1 character and reporting on my gold-making efforts as I level up. What will this adventure teach me? What are the rules of the project?
- All I'll have in my adventure is the gold-making knowledge I've acquired over the years.
- I will have no "twink" starter gold or bags.
- I will record short video dairies after each play session briefly describing what I did and what I learned.
- I will include level and gold levels with every major Project Goblin update.
- I will share my insights along the journey regularly on Power Word: Gold
Many players who have been making gold for years forget what it can be like starting out as a new player. I intend to get back to my roots and see what they have to go through.
It seems we often sit up in our castles built of gold and only ever talk about how we make huge amounts of gold. The reason we can make so much gold is because we've been doing it for so long.
They say it takes money to make money. While this may be true I want to test myself and see if I can make it from scratch with only my wits.
Follow Project Goblin
Follow my adventures as I document the process on Project Goblin. I plan on making regular blog posts detailing how the project is going, what I'm (re)discovering and what's working.
I will be posting larger "wrap-up" videos that will be accompany my blog posts as well as smaller "uncut" video journals after play sessions.
You can find the latest Project Goblin videos on the Power Word: Gold YouTube channel. (Be sure to subscribe to my channel while you're there!) You can also go directly to the Project Goblin YouTube playlist.
Finally I will be posting shorter "daily journal" type of videos up on the Power Word: Gold Facebook page before they go line anywhere else (including twitter or YouTube). Be sure to head there and "Like" us to get the absolute latest Project Goblin info.
I'm excited to be starting this new project and look forward to the adventures I'll have struggling to make gold from scratch. I want the community to be part of the project as well.
Please leave feedback, tips, tricks and anything else you can think of in comments on the blog posts, YouTube, twitter and Facebook. As much as I'd like to consider myself a proficient gold-maker, "the wise man knows that he knows nothing".
- Any tips/tricks for a level 10 goblin? An actual goblin (as in green ears) not the "goblin" that makes lots of gold.
- What guides etc. would you recommend to help a level 10 horde make gold?
- What aspects of the project do you want to see covered in future videos?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold now! Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.