Tailoring in Legion - Looking at Tailoring in Legion Tailoring in Legion will be completely different from Warlords. There is no cooldown material that creates a limit on what...
Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From Scratch
This the first in a series called "Project Goblin". I will be taking a level 1 character and reporting on my gold-making efforts as I level up. What will this adventure teach me? What are the rules of the project?
- All I'll have in my adventure is the gold-making knowledge I've acquired over the years.
- I will have no "twink" starter gold or bags.
- I will record short video dairies after each play session briefly describing what I did and what I learned.
- I will include level and gold levels with every major Project Goblin update.
- I will share my insights along the journey regularly on Power Word: Gold
Many players who have been making gold for years forget what it can be like starting out as a new player. I intend to get back to my roots and see what they have to go through.
It seems we often sit up in our castles built of gold and only ever talk about how we make huge amounts of gold. The reason we can make so much gold is because we've been doing it for so long.
They say it takes money to make money. While this may be true I want to test myself and see if I can make it from scratch with only my wits.
Follow Project Goblin
Follow my adventures as I document the process on Project Goblin. I plan on making regular blog posts detailing how the project is going, what I'm (re)discovering and what's working.
I will be posting larger "wrap-up" videos that will be accompany my blog posts as well as smaller "uncut" video journals after play sessions.
You can find the latest Project Goblin videos on the Power Word: Gold YouTube channel. (Be sure to subscribe to my channel while you're there!) You can also go directly to the Project Goblin YouTube playlist.
Finally I will be posting shorter "daily journal" type of videos up on the Power Word: Gold Facebook page before they go line anywhere else (including twitter or YouTube). Be sure to head there and "Like" us to get the absolute latest Project Goblin info.
I'm excited to be starting this new project and look forward to the adventures I'll have struggling to make gold from scratch. I want the community to be part of the project as well.
Please leave feedback, tips, tricks and anything else you can think of in comments on the blog posts, YouTube, twitter and Facebook. As much as I'd like to consider myself a proficient gold-maker, "the wise man knows that he knows nothing".
- Any tips/tricks for a level 10 goblin? An actual goblin (as in green ears) not the "goblin" that makes lots of gold.
- What guides etc. would you recommend to help a level 10 horde make gold?
- What aspects of the project do you want to see covered in future videos?
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold now! Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
We've created a tool for creating importable TradeSkillMaster (TSM) groups from almost any webpage that includes links to World of...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- Making Gold Selling Alliance Cooking Recipes To Th...
- Maximizing Your Living Elements Daily Transmute
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Middlecutting in the Glyph Market
- The Economics of Elementium Lockboxes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 001
- Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From...
- 4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link...
- Quickly Vendor Jewelcrafting Gems With The AutoVen...
- Weekly Recap: Gems, Recipes and Skeleton Keys
- Leaving Bait On The Table
- Capitalizing On The Post-Ban "Bump" (Now's The Tim...
- Auction House Basics: How To Cancel Auctions Effic...
- An Appeal To The Community: Help flux Buy Fraps!
- Gold-Making Classics: Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod
- Marking Your Competition (Literally)
- Obsidium Skeleton Keys: Gold Hiding Right On Our K...
- The Obsidium Shuffle: Heating Up or Winding Down?
- The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The...
- How I Made 5k Gold In Netherstorm
- Video Tutorial: Making and Selling Glyphs With the...
- How Leatherworking Helped Me Lose 18k Gold
- Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
- Adding Up Your Total Worth
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor