Running Old Raids For Gold: Dragon Soul - List of Raids Dragon Soul (25H) Summary Alliance Travel Time: ~10 minutes Horde Travel Time: ~10 minutes Estimated Clear Time: ~45 minutes Approximate Go...
Marking Your Competition (Literally)
|"I have the perpetrator in sight."|
If you're are experienced auctioneer you already know to put frequent undercutters on your friends list. This is taking that idea a step further.
I type "/tar abc" where 'abc' is the first three letters of their name. (If /tar doesn't target them try the city's other AH area.) Once I have them targeted I place a raid marker on them. (Right click their target frame to access raid markers if you don't have them keybound.) I usually use the condom...I mean 'circle' as I find it easiest to track. This allows me to easily see their comings and goings.
|"He's making his move."|
Since raid markers can be seen from a ridiculous distance I can see them walk to the mailbox. To the Auctioneers etc.
Along with friends list online/offline notifications these marks can help you know when they are heading to the AH to undercut you. This allows you to go after they've left the AH and re-undercut them.
Another thing I have found to make tracking competition easily is the SLDataText addon. It places a simple little bit of plain text on your UI.
|Location. Location. Location.|
When moused over it displays a bunch of important information about your friends (or "friends" in this case) including where they currently are (no AH in TB!), if they are away (when the cat's away!), etc.
I mouse over it often while auctioning to keep an eye on who's doing what were. You can never have too much information.
While today's tips may seem a bit 'stalker-ish' just remember that all is fair in love and war.
- What is your favorite surveillance technique for your competition?
- What AH PVP tricks do you commonly employ?
- What addons make tracking your competition easier?
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- Making Gold Selling Alliance Cooking Recipes To Th...
- Maximizing Your Living Elements Daily Transmute
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Middlecutting in the Glyph Market
- The Economics of Elementium Lockboxes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 001
- Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From...
- 4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link...
- Quickly Vendor Jewelcrafting Gems With The AutoVen...
- Weekly Recap: Gems, Recipes and Skeleton Keys
- Leaving Bait On The Table
- Capitalizing On The Post-Ban "Bump" (Now's The Tim...
- Auction House Basics: How To Cancel Auctions Effic...
- An Appeal To The Community: Help flux Buy Fraps!
- Gold-Making Classics: Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod
- Marking Your Competition (Literally)
- Obsidium Skeleton Keys: Gold Hiding Right On Our K...
- The Obsidium Shuffle: Heating Up or Winding Down?
- The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The...
- How I Made 5k Gold In Netherstorm
- Video Tutorial: Making and Selling Glyphs With the...
- How Leatherworking Helped Me Lose 18k Gold
- Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
- Adding Up Your Total Worth
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor