PGB Week 7 - Project Golden Bull (or PGB) began on May 5th, 2016. The main purpose of PGB is to force myself to learn how to make gold on a new server and without my ...
Leaving Bait On The Table
|What a beautiful mess!|
The screenshot above was taken about 20 minutes ago. As you can see not everyone on my server reads our blogs. In the shot you can see Hessonite posted for below the 9 gold vendor price floor.
If you've been reading our blog for a while you know cut green-quality Cataclysm gems (Alicite, Hessonite, Zephyrite, Nightstone, Carnelian and Jasper) vendor for 9 gold.
What I am able to do with a scan like the one posted above is "massage" the market. Buy out all the gems below vendor and re-list them higher. That isn't really anything special. It should be something we do fairly often if the situation is right.
Today I wanted to talk about leaving some 'bait' on the table.
|Tidied up a bit.|
This is what the market looked like after my "massaging". As you can see I've plucked out all the gems below vendor value. Well I say "all" but as you can see I've left a few below cost.
This is to 'bait' those who blindly list their gems using addons to undercut the cheapest price. You can do this yourself by posting a few at low prices on purpose or leave a few that are already there.
|Hello Mr. Autopost!|
Does this work? This is a screenshot from just a few minutes later. It looks like someone has already taken the bait. If I hadn't left a few cheap gems there this new one would have been posted around 11 gold as that would have been the cheapest.
While this may not always work it is a useful way to help keep mat costs down in the right situations.
As many readers have stated in comments and messages, bots are infesting many servers. Be vigilant at keeping an eye on any green-quality gems. If you see them dipping below the vendor price floor. Pick them up and cut and vendor them yourself or re-list them at more reasonable prices.
Remember, the price floor for auctioning green-quality gems is 9 gold 47 silver not 9 gold. The math for 9 gold + 5% AH is 9/0.95 = 9.4737 gold.
- What types of items work well for 'baiting'?
- What are a few of your 'baiting' success stories?
- That favorite AH tips and tricks do you use regularly?
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
We've created a tool for creating importable TradeSkillMaster (TSM) groups from almost any webpage that includes links to World of...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- Making Gold Selling Alliance Cooking Recipes To Th...
- Maximizing Your Living Elements Daily Transmute
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Middlecutting in the Glyph Market
- The Economics of Elementium Lockboxes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 001
- Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From...
- 4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link...
- Quickly Vendor Jewelcrafting Gems With The AutoVen...
- Weekly Recap: Gems, Recipes and Skeleton Keys
- Leaving Bait On The Table
- Capitalizing On The Post-Ban "Bump" (Now's The Tim...
- Auction House Basics: How To Cancel Auctions Effic...
- An Appeal To The Community: Help flux Buy Fraps!
- Gold-Making Classics: Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod
- Marking Your Competition (Literally)
- Obsidium Skeleton Keys: Gold Hiding Right On Our K...
- The Obsidium Shuffle: Heating Up or Winding Down?
- The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The...
- How I Made 5k Gold In Netherstorm
- Video Tutorial: Making and Selling Glyphs With the...
- How Leatherworking Helped Me Lose 18k Gold
- Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
- Adding Up Your Total Worth
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor