Running Old Raids For Gold: Baradin Hold - List of Raids Baradin Hold (25N) Summary Travel Time: ~3 minutes Estimated Clear Time: ~3 minutes Approximate Gold: ~350g Overall Difficulty: Easy Baradi...
Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
|Alto's Gold"ish" Advice|
Today I was contacted by a fellow gold-making blog about having Power Word: Gold featured on their site. I was very honored. It made me realize that PW:G may just turn out to be positive addition gold-making community after all.
We are one of the newer blogs in the community and we wouldn't be here without the community members and bloggers who showed us the way. Those of us who come after owe them a debt of gratitude.
|Bangkok Bill's World of Goldcraft!!!|
For those just getting started I'm hoping the following will give you the motivation to keep foraging ahead. For those who were here long before me, thank you. I hope the following shows a bit of my appreciation for what you build (and continue to build).
The following are excerpts from my response to the gold-making blog working on a feature about PW:G. This post will be a bit long but I think it will be worth it.
"I really appreciate you featuring PW:G on [Insert Awesome Blog Here]. I'm honored. As to what features I would like to draw attention to. I haven't really been going long enough to have anything concrete. The main tenants of the site have been putting out consistent quality posts about the gold making community on a regular basis.
|Cold's Gold Factory|
"With PW:G I decided to choose I topic I have been interested in over a long time. Playing the AH has been something I've enjoyed doing nearly everyday for years. It seemed like the perfect topic. With so many great bloggers in the gold making community that really blazed the trail.
"I decided to follow there lead and start the blog. My main priority at first (besides coming up with a catchy name) was to make sure I was producing posts nearly everyday. After I had been doing this for a few weeks I started following other blogs as well as letting them know about mine.
"My posts come mainly from what is going on not only in my day-to-day gold making endeavors but also by keeping a close eye on the gold making community at large. At times it can seem tough to 'break' a particular technique or get the feeling that everything has been written about already.
|The Gold Queen|
"For the future I hope to continue to be an active member of the gold blogging community. The gold bloggers and readers are the reason I love it so much. I hope to make PW:G a little better with each post."
For those starting out as a gold-making blogger the best advice I could give is to get to know those in the community around you. Read their blogs. More importantly comment on their blogs. Let them know you're there.
Most importantly is write. Write in your own voice. Write in your own style. But write! Getting in the habit of writing is one of the most difficult things you will do but it is worth it.
In blogging content is king and your voice is your content. Once you have your content running then you can start to think about things like visual layout, style and monetization.
Power Word: Gold is always being tweaked here and there whether it is visual or layout etc. Even so, no matter how flashy PW:G's visuals and layouts may be (or not depending on your tastes) they mean nothing if I don't provide good content.
|Trading with Zoxy|
Running a blog can be one of the most rewarding forms of self expression. Every new voice adds to the great tapestry that is the gold-making community. If you have a gold-making blog and haven't seen yourself featured on our "Recent Gold Community Posts" section let us know in the comments and we'll be sure to add you.
- For new bloggers:
- What is the biggest challenge you're currently facing as a blogger?
- What is your favorite gold-making blog/blogger?
- For long time bloggers:
- What do you wish you'd known starting out that you know now?
- What is your favorite new gold-making blog/blogger?
- For both:
- What was the blog that inspired you to start writing your own gold-making blog?
Let us know in the comments below!
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
I decided to have some fun with the exported data you can get from the Resources > Data Export page on WoWuction ( example page ). ...
TradeSkillMaster Custom Pricing Sources can be a bit complicated so today I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as expla...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- Making Gold Selling Alliance Cooking Recipes To Th...
- Maximizing Your Living Elements Daily Transmute
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Middlecutting in the Glyph Market
- The Economics of Elementium Lockboxes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 001
- Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From...
- 4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link...
- Quickly Vendor Jewelcrafting Gems With The AutoVen...
- Weekly Recap: Gems, Recipes and Skeleton Keys
- Leaving Bait On The Table
- Capitalizing On The Post-Ban "Bump" (Now's The Tim...
- Auction House Basics: How To Cancel Auctions Effic...
- An Appeal To The Community: Help flux Buy Fraps!
- Gold-Making Classics: Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod
- Marking Your Competition (Literally)
- Obsidium Skeleton Keys: Gold Hiding Right On Our K...
- The Obsidium Shuffle: Heating Up or Winding Down?
- The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The...
- How I Made 5k Gold In Netherstorm
- Video Tutorial: Making and Selling Glyphs With the...
- How Leatherworking Helped Me Lose 18k Gold
- Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
- Adding Up Your Total Worth
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor