The Definition of Luck - I had a very short conversation with someone on Twitter. This person was referencing a post I had made. I sold a Glyph of Energy for almost 500g. This pa...
4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link Roundup
|(This infographic is completely made-up.)|
Rather then writing a full post about the possible crash of the Maelstrom Crystal market I'm going to do a "Link Roundup".
Here are some relevant links and snippets of what the gold making community is saying about the news. As more discussion happens I'll update this post.
The NewsThe first I hear about is was via @Wowhead's twitter.
"The PTR Patch Notes have been updated http://bit.ly/evCzSp Even more mage buffs, maelstrom crystals for honor & justice points and more!"
I immediately sent out this tweet via @PowerWordGold:
"Oh snap. Dump MCs nao! Wowhead: 4.1 Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points. http://bit.ly/epwjOM"
Bankok Bill's World of Goldcraft was the first blog to pick it up and posted "Patch 4.1 Updates".
"So quick tip. If you have built up a stock of Maelstrom Crystals it's time to get rid of them like they were a bunch of young girls who can't stop singing Rebecca's Black new "song" (I wouldn't follow that link if I were you - and if you do I HIGHLY recommend muting the volume)."Hey. I like that song! Friday. Friday. Gotta get down on Friday!
While I don't have an exact timeline the next two blogs to discuss were Anaalius and Just My Two Copper.
Anaalius.com posted "Patch 4.1 March 22 Update".
"How much will Maelstrom crystals cost after this change and how will this affect our markets. I predict prices will tank as people stock there points for the patch to just under 1000g per which could make quite a few the higher end enchants cheap enough to start selling at a higher rate."
I'll update this post as more roll in.
I hope I don't have to spell out what to do if you have any Maelstrom Crystals lying around.
- How did you first hear the news about Maelstrom Crystals being purchasable for JP/HP?
- What does the MC market look like on your server after the news?
- Is there an "upside" to the Maelstrom Crystal market tanking?
Update 1: Déjà vu!
Vince pointed out in the comments that the topic of a MC crash had been discussed back in Feb when we found out Heroic ZA/ZG would include disenchantable epics.
While this is true the more recent patch notes added MCs being purchasable for Justice and Honor Points. Included below are a few of the articles from back in Feb on the topic. Thanks Vince!
Faid at Nerf Faids posted "Maelstrom Crystal prices to drop in 4.1" on Feb 24, 2011.
"Both ZA and ZG will be heroic 5-mans....I anticipate this to be the first "easily" farmed source of Maelstrom Crystals. I recommend moving your stock before this patch hits live."Vince at Bank of Wukam posted "Patch 4.1 Enchanting Speculation" on Feb 25, 2011.
"One other thing, that might actually prove useful to you now. I have a hunch that the BoE Bracer Recipes will become much more popular and more expensive after the patch. I don't know what it's like on other servers, but on mine these things are all over the AH, and their prices are steadily dropping....If I'm right, now might be the time to learn these [formulas] while they're still relatively cheap."
Like this post? Get even more Power Word: Gold now! Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Subscribe on Youtube. Join us on reddit.
Buy The Power Word: Gold Guide Volume I: Addons (With TradeSkillMaster Info.)
Remember when you started your gold-making adventure into Warlords of Draenor. You were young. You were fresh-faced. You were excited...
(Today's guest post was written by Animadnb. If you would like your gold-making guest post featured on Power Word: Gold please submit...
Today's guest post was written by Ohnekase from the gold-making blog Meet Ohnekase . You can also follow them on twitter at @WowOhn...
With the recent news that Activision Blizzard is buying back a controlling interest from Vivendi it was also made known that the curr...
Episode 096 of The Power Word: Gold Podcast. We bring you the latest World of Warcraft gold-making tips, tricks and strategies. In...
Gold-Making Blog Roll
- December (15)
- November (14)
- October (3)
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (1)
- April (6)
- March (16)
- February (15)
- January (10)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (10)
- August (13)
- July (30)
- June (22)
- May (26)
- April (32)
- March (17)
- February (18)
- January (23)
- December (19)
- November (2)
- October (11)
- September (13)
- August (13)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (17)
- January (11)
- December (11)
- November (10)
- October (8)
- September (13)
- August (9)
- July (13)
- June (13)
- May (16)
- April (22)
- Making Gold Selling Alliance Cooking Recipes To Th...
- Maximizing Your Living Elements Daily Transmute
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 002
- Middlecutting in the Glyph Market
- The Economics of Elementium Lockboxes
- The Power Word: Gold Podcast - Episode 001
- Project Goblin 000: A Gold-Making Guru Starts From...
- 4.1 Maelstrom Crystal Price Crash Imminent? A Link...
- Quickly Vendor Jewelcrafting Gems With The AutoVen...
- Weekly Recap: Gems, Recipes and Skeleton Keys
- Leaving Bait On The Table
- Capitalizing On The Post-Ban "Bump" (Now's The Tim...
- Auction House Basics: How To Cancel Auctions Effic...
- An Appeal To The Community: Help flux Buy Fraps!
- Gold-Making Classics: Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod
- Marking Your Competition (Literally)
- Obsidium Skeleton Keys: Gold Hiding Right On Our K...
- The Obsidium Shuffle: Heating Up or Winding Down?
- The Benefits of Economic Freedom (Or How I Got The...
- How I Made 5k Gold In Netherstorm
- Video Tutorial: Making and Selling Glyphs With the...
- How Leatherworking Helped Me Lose 18k Gold
- Getting Started as a Gold-Making Blogger
- Adding Up Your Total Worth
- February (20)
- Battle Pets
- Warlords of Draenor